Report Local Flooding or Illicit Discharges

This page is NOT for imminent or emergency flood conditions. If flooding is occurring presently and is endangering life, please call 9-1-1 immediately.

The District would like to encourage residents to report any flooding or illicit discharges. An illicit discharge is defined as "any discharge to a municipal separate storm sewer that is not composed entirely of stormwater" (except discharges resulting from fire fighting activities and a few other categories).

Common sources of non-stormwater, dry weather discharges in urban areas include apartments and homes, car washes, restaurants, airports, landfills, and gas stations, to name but a few. These so called "generating sites" discharge sanitary wastewater, septic system effluent, vehicle wash water, washdown from grease traps, motor oil, antifreeze, gasoline and fuel spills, among other substances.

Although these illicit discharges can enter the storm drain system in various ways, they generally result from either direct connections (e.g., wastewater piping either mistakenly or deliberately connected to the storm drains) or indirect connections (e.g., infiltration into the storm drain system, spills, or "midnight dumping"). Illicit discharges can be further divided into those discharging continuously and those discharging intermittently.

To inform the Stormwater Management District of illicit discharges into the storm water system or report local flooding, please call the District's Hotline at (440) 328-2333 or submit the report form below.